Amsterdam-based company Ikku uses recycled denim and canvases and turns them into sleeves for various electronics such as laptops, tablets and cell phones. The Original Collection and the Burma Collection are its two current product lines.
An interesting fact about this new company is that the brand name Ikku is in fact a Japanese word that means ‘coming and going,’ representing the reused nature of the material. The eco-friendly new product line is simplistic and very chic.
As people pay more attention to the source of the products that they are purchasing, the future-friendly and socially responsible businesses are consequently thriving. Ikku is a recent launch that has joined the party and with their smart product design, and is sure to attract a tech-savvy green crowd.
Ikku Converts Denim and Canvas into Electronic Sleeves
1. Upcycled Gadget Accessories - Creating phone, laptop and tablet covers using upcycled materials to cater to eco-friendly consumers.
2. Circular Economy Fashion - Upcycling denim and canvas into new stylish products will contribute to a sustainable and circular fashion model.
3. Green-tech Synergy - Combining technology and environmentally friendly materials to create a new market for green tech products.
1. Fashion - During the Covid-19 pandemic, there has been a surge in upcycling and sustainable fashion initiatives.
2. Technology - As consumers become more environmentally conscious, the demand for environmentally friendly tech products increases.
3. Sustainability - Through upcycling, companies like Ikku are contributing to the establishment of a more sustainable future.