ATD, the American company that provides electronic security, fire protection, and other related alarm monitoring services, recently launched the new 'RealProtection' campaign that uses storytelling to appeal to consumers. The new marketing initiative will roll out on television, digital ads, social media, in addition to media takeovers in select cities.
The 'RealProtection' campaign asks consumers "what do you want to protect," which is then answered by the commercial that shows pets, children, loved ones, music collections, tiny houses, and rare car collections. The timing of the ad coincides with the brand's shifted identity and a newly designed website that features customizable security solutions.
ATD's newly revised marketing tactics show the brand's desire to shift from a "home security provider" to delivering "human protection."
ADT's New 'RealProtection' Campaign is Heartwarming
1. Storytelling Marketing Initiatives - Using storytelling in marketing campaigns to appeal to human emotions may become a trend in the security industry.
2. Customizable Security Solutions - The trend towards customizable security solutions can provide new disruptive innovation opportunities in the security industry.
3. Human Protection Services - More security companies may shift towards providing 'human protection' services as a way to differentiate themselves in the market.
1. Security Industry - The security industry can create new disruptive innovations through customizable security solutions, and focus marketing campaigns on the protection of human emotions.
2. Marketing Industry - Marketing companies in the security industry can develop expertise in storytelling campaigns to appeal to consumers' emotions.
3. Home Security Industry - The home security industry might become more focused on protecting humans and their valued possessions, shifting away from just protecting homes themselves.