The zipped-open, chained-in and slashed-up fashions that walked down the Rad Hourani Spring 2010 runway strategically hide, expose and restrain in a way that's at once unusual and sensual. Knobby knees are usually hidden by pants, but Rad Hourani chooses to expose them with zippers.
Zippers don't just appear on the knees of the Rad Hourani Spring 2010 collection, though. They also appear on sleeves, across thighs and in conjunction with a series of horizontal slashes. Check out this unusual take on 80s punk fashion above.
Rad Hourani Spring 2010 Collection Strategically Hides, Exposes & Restra
1. Exposing and Restraining Designs - Fashion designers could incorporate strategically placed zippers, chains and slashes into their clothing lines in a way that intentionally exposes and restrains the body.
2. Incorporation of 80s Punk Fashion in Designer Lines - Designers could incorporate modern takes on 80s punk fashion into their clothing lines to create unique and edgy styles.
3. Innovative Textile Design - Developments in textile technology could create new opportunities for incorporating zippers, chains, and slashes in fabric to achieve unusual design details.
1. Fashion Industry - Fashion brands could increase their competitive edge by incorporating unique and edgy design elements into their collections, such as strategically placed zippers, chains and slashes.
2. Textile Industry - Developments in textile technology could provide new opportunities for incorporating design elements in fabric, such as zippers, chains, and slashes, resulting in more innovative and unique textiles.
3. Retail Industry - Retailers could capitalize on the trend of incorporating zippers, chains, and slashes in clothing lines by offering alternative styles that accentuate the body in unique and edgy ways.