Tokyo is recognized as an international fashion capital, but the Japanese are also known for an affinity for all things cute. A combination of the two was evident at Tokyo Fashion Week earlier this month when models walked the runway wearing gigantic rabbit heads.
In Japan even adults are fascinated by anime and childish cartoon characters like Hello Kitty, so it's no wonder these animal-inpired styles were such a hit among show attendees.
An intrigue with rabbits is evident from these photos, from the headpieces in the main image, to the ear-like hair styles and furry costumes in others.
Rabbit Theme at Japan Fashion Week
1. Rabbit-inspired Fashion - The popularity of rabbit-themed fashion at Tokyo Fashion Week highlights a growing trend of incorporating animal-inspired styles into high fashion.
2. Anime Influence - The fascination with anime and cartoon characters like Hello Kitty among adults in Japan indicates an emerging trend of incorporating cute and playful elements into fashion.
3. Headpiece Fashion - The use of gigantic rabbit heads as headpieces on the runway suggests a trend of embracing bold and statement-making accessories in high fashion.
1. Fashion - The rabbit-themed fashion showcased at Tokyo Fashion Week presents opportunities for designers to explore animal-inspired designs and capitalize on the demand for cute and playful fashion.
2. Anime Merchandise - The influence of anime and cartoon characters on fashion trends opens up opportunities for the anime merchandise industry to collaborate with fashion brands and create collectible items that appeal to fans.
3. Accessories - The popularity of bold and statement-making headpieces in high fashion creates opportunities for the accessories industry to innovate and produce unique and attention-grabbing accessories.