Bike theft is running rampant in some cities, so it is reassuring to see designers take up the call to keep cyclists cycling; the latest endeavor involves the Quick Stand Lock. As its quippy name gives away, the kick stand has been tweaked to become a bike lock as well. Doing double-duty, the Quick Stand Lock will ensure that the cyclist can't ever forget his or her lock again while adding a new type of obstacles for potential thieves.
Designed by Soohwan Kim, Junho Yoon, Dohoon Lee and Hyojin Park, the Quick Stand Lock essentially skewers in between the spokes of the front wheel. It is then held secured by way of a combination lock. Quick and easy, no wonder it was dubbed Quick Stand Lock.
The Quick Stand Lock is Secure and Convenient
1. Double-duty Products - The trend of products serving multiple purposes, such as this bike lock that also functions as a kickstand, provides opportunities for cost savings and convenience for consumers.
2. Anti-theft Solutions - As bike theft continues to be a problem in many cities, the trend of creating innovative, secure solutions such as the Quick Stand Lock provides opportunities in the security and surveillance industries.
3. Sustainable Transportation - The trend of increasing popularity of bikes as a mode of transportation provides opportunities to develop new products and technologies that improve the safety and convenience of biking.
1. Consumer Goods - The Quick Stand Lock serves as an example of how double-duty products can appeal to cost-conscious consumers in the consumer goods industry.
2. Security and Surveillance - The Quick Stand Lock serves as an example of how anti-theft solutions can help improve security and surveillance in the industry.
3. Transportation - The Quick Stand Lock serves as an example of how sustainable transportation trends can help drive innovation in the transportation industry.