The quality fashion brand 'Per/Se' is based in London and its unique business model is setting it apart from its competitors.
In today's world of fast fashion, landfills filled with textiles and a wasteful demand for as much clothing as possible, Per/Se is trying to go against the grain. The 'Nebula Coat' that the quality fashion brand recently released is the first item in the brand's line and while it will not be the last, it will take some time until customers see a new one. The company decided to spend more time on research and innovation rather than constant output and as a result, will only be releasing one piece of clothing every two months.
Whether this is a sustainable business model is yet to be seen, but this unique concept is certainly making a statement about the current state of fashion.
This Quality Fashion Brand Runs on an Unusual Business Concept
1. Sustainable Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunities lie in creating sustainable fashion brands that prioritize research and innovation over constant output.
2. Limited-release Models - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in offering limited-release models, where companies focus on creating fewer, high-quality products.
3. Slow Fashion Movement - Companies can disrupt the fashion industry by embracing the slow fashion movement, releasing new products at a slower pace to reduce waste and promote sustainability.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can disrupt the industry by adopting a sustainable approach and offering limited-release models.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in the textile manufacturing industry by creating sustainable and high-quality fabrics for limited-release fashion brands.
3. Consumer Goods - Companies in the consumer goods industry can tap into the slow fashion movement and offer sustainable, limited-release products to cater to environmentally-conscious customers.