After having a few guests over for lunch, most people turn to tea time to bring out their fine China to impress their guests, but after this rare Qing Dynasty bowl was sold for $9.5 million at a recent auction, luxury lovers are sure to be questioning the validity of their brand new, fine dining kitchen sets.
If the alarming price tag of the the Qing Dynasty bowl hasn't shocked you enough already, you'll be blown away to learn that this ancient artifact was sold shortly after another Chinese Red Bowl, discovered at a garage sale, which was sold for approximately $2.5 million.
This Qing Dynasty bowl has been dated back to the late 1710s, and was appraised by a ceramics expert named Nicolas Chow who deemed the bowl to be in perfect condition.
The Qing Dynasty Bowl is the Definition of a Luxurious Tea Set
1. Ancient Artifact Collecting - The high price and demand for rare ancient artifacts present an opportunity for businesses to cater to collectors and enthusiasts by offering specialized services and products.
2. Luxury Kitchen Sets - The sale of the Qing Dynasty bowl highlights the market potential for high-end kitchenware and luxury dining sets targeting affluent consumers seeking exclusivity and opulence.
3. Garage Sale Finds - The discovery and subsequent sale of valuable items at garage sales opens up possibilities for businesses to create platforms or services that connect buyers and sellers of unique and valuable objects.
1. Art Auctions - The sale of the Qing Dynasty bowl in an auction setting indicates the need for innovative auction platforms and services that cater to high-value art and artifact sales.
2. Luxury Home Decor - The demand for expensive and rare pieces like the Qing Dynasty bowl presents an opportunity for luxury home decor businesses to offer unique and exquisite items to affluent customers.
3. Resale Marketplaces - The success of selling the Chinese Red Bowl at a garage sale highlights the potential for businesses to create online marketplaces or apps that specialize in the resale and trading of valuable items.