You know how some people set up Facebook profiles for their pets? Well, Puppy Tweets aims to get dogs on Twitter. Mattel developed a plastic USB tak that syncs with your computer that can be placed on a pet’s collar, attached to a pet profile on Twitter and posts its daily activities as tweets.
Puppy Tweets brings the idea of pets as humans to a whole new level. Your pet's tweets will be pre-programmed and will be generated by sounds and motions made by the animal during the day. Of course all this connectivity isn’t free. Puppy Tweets will retail for $29.99 and be available in Fall 2010.
Puppy Tweets Lets You Know What's Going on With Your Dog
1. Connected Pet Devices - Opportunity to develop more innovative and interactive products that enable pet owners to stay connected with their pets remotely.
2. Pet Social Media - Potential for creating specialized social media platforms dedicated to pets, allowing owners to share and engage with other pet owners.
3. Humanization of Pets - Chance to capitalize on the growing trend of treating pets as human-like family members, offering products and services that enhance the pet-owner bond.
1. Pet Tech - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in the pet tech industry to create cutting-edge devices and technologies for pet owners.
2. Social Media - Social media platforms can explore pet-focused features to tap into the pet-owner market and cater to the unique needs of pet lovers.
3. Pet Industry - The pet industry can leverage the trend of pet humanization by offering premium products and services that provide an elevated pet ownership experience.