Ahead of the 2014 World Cup, Alexander McQueen teamed up with PUMA to develop two very stylish adaptations of the PUMA King. The sports shoe style is one that has been around since 1968 and this collaboration celebrates evolution, tradition and technology.
One version of the PUMA King is made in a brown leather, while the other has a more striking golden fish scale texture and pattern. These handcrafted designer shoes were made in extremely small quantities and PUMA will be gifting the special editing Kings to friends, family and athletes to celebrate this year's FIFA World Cup games in Brazil. The backs of the soccer cleats proudly show off their edition numbers—only 70 of the brown leather pairs and 30 of the gold fish skin shoes will be produced.
Alexander McQueen Developed Ultra Luxurious Editions of the PUMA King
1. Luxury Sportswear - There is a growing trend of luxury brands collaborating with sportswear companies to create upscale, limited-edition products.
2. Artistic Sports Apparel - There is a rising trend of incorporating unique textures and patterns into traditional sports apparel to create visually striking designs.
3. Exclusive Editions - Limited production runs of designer sports shoes are becoming increasingly popular, creating a sense of exclusivity and desirability among consumers.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the potential for collaborations between luxury brands and sportswear companies to cater to high-end consumers looking for unique sports apparel.
2. Sports Equipment - The sports equipment industry can capitalize on the trend by incorporating artistic elements into traditional sports gear to attract customers seeking visually appealing and distinctive products.
3. Athletic Footwear - The athletic footwear industry has an opportunity to create exclusive editions of popular sports shoes, targeting collectors and fashion-forward consumers who desire limited-edition designs.