Sandie Samuells made a pug-spider Halloween costume for her little black pug dog named Gus. Gus has since worn his costume when he is out walking and at several events. It isn't every day people see pug-spider so there have been plenty of photo opportunities. Lucky for us, Sandie took advantage of them.
I contacted Sandie for permission to use her Flickr photos and asked if she could tell me a little about the costume. Here's what she said, "Since he is a black pug, I thought it would be cute to dress Gus as a tarantula. I found a spider ornament (sold as a home decoration) that had these long, furry pipe cleaner legs and I used those to make the legs of the costume. I used black craft fur and cut out a dog "coat" using one of Gus' jackets as a pattern. A glue gun to attach the legs, some velcro to close the coat and voila.
The most important ingredient here is a very patient pug! Once he has the costume on, Gus doesn't even know why people are staring at him! In fact, sometimes he gets stuck because he doesn't realize how wide he is and tries to squeeze through 'normal' width places."
Other inspired to make their own dogs' Halloween costumes, will be hard-pressed to do better than Gus' scary pug-spider garb.
Kudos to Sandie!
Images Courtesy of Sandie Samuells
Gus Shows off His Handmade Pug-Spider Halloween Costume
1. DIY Pet Costumes - Opportunity for businesses to market and sell DIY pet costume kits or offer tutorials for making unique pet costumes.
2. Pet Photography - Chance for photographers to specialize in pet photography, capturing memorable moments like these pug-spider costume photos.
3. Social Media Pet Influencers - Potential for pet owners to create social media accounts for their pets and gain a following by showcasing creative costumes and photoshoots.
1. Pet Retail - Pet retail stores can capitalize on the demand for unique pet costumes by offering a wide range of options, including DIY kits and pre-made costumes.
2. Photography Services - Photography studios, both traditional and mobile, can provide pet photography services to capture the uniqueness of pet costumes and create keepsake memories.
3. Social Media Marketing - Marketing agencies can help pet owners create and manage social media accounts for their pets, leveraging the popularity of pet influencers to promote products and services.