These super-cool Proof sunglasses have been made from recycled 5-ply Canadian maple skateboards. With their thick layers of colored natural wood, these are probably the most durable sunglasses you'll ever own.
The different styles in this new range are imaginatively titled. The blue sunglasses are a nod to the classic Ray Ban 'Wayfarer' shape and are called the 'Ontario.' The 'Bud' sunglasses are a classic uniform shape and there's even an aviator style called 'Smoke Jumper.' The Proof sunglasses are finished to a high quality, with a protective waterproof seal and a polished surface.
With every sale made from the Proof sunglasses, a donation will be made to non-profit charities in India who help the visually impaired get cataract surgeries.
Photo Credits: designboom, iwantproof
The New Proof Sunglasses are the Perfect Summer Sunnies
1. Recycled Skateboard Sunglasses - Opportunity for brands to create eco-friendly and sustainable eyewear using recycled skateboards.
2. Durable Sunglasses - Potential for eyewear companies to produce durable sunglasses using thick layers of colored natural wood.
3. Charitable Donations with Purchases - Innovative opportunity for businesses to donate a portion of sales to non-profit charities and support a social cause.
1. Eyewear - Eyewear companies can embrace the trend of using recycled materials in their products to cater to eco-conscious consumers.
2. Skateboarding - Skateboard manufacturers could explore repurposing old skateboards to make sunglasses and tap into the eyewear market.
3. Non-profit/charitable Organizations - Charities focused on visual impairment can partner with eyewear brands to raise funds for cataract surgeries through product sales.