EA recently announced Project Atlas as a vision for a cloud-native gaming future. According to Ken Moss, the company's chief technology officer, the new program leverages cloud computing "to remotely process and stream blockbuster, multiplayer HD games with the lowest possible latency." This is a fairly new concept to the gaming industry, but EA is the first major gaming company to publicly announce its development in this territory.
In the blog post released by EA, it was revealed that Project Atlas would work seamlessly with EA's Frostbite game engine and would take advantage of artificial intelligence. EA hasn't announced how AI might be used in the cloud-enabled program but it does make the service seem quite impressive and forward-thinking.
EA's Project Atlas has Been Officially Announced as the Future of Gaming
1. Cloud-native Gaming - The gaming industry could leverage cloud computing to remotely process and stream blockbuster, multiplayer HD games with the lowest possible latency.
2. AI Integration - Artificial intelligence could be integrated into cloud-enabled programs, like Project Atlas, to create more advanced gaming experiences.
3. Frostbite Game Engine - The Frostbite game engine could be used to create cloud-based gaming experiences that work seamlessly with Project Atlas and other cloud services.
1. Gaming - Gaming companies like EA can disrupt the industry by utilizing cloud computing and AI to create and stream new blockbuster games.
2. Cloud Computing - Cloud computing providers can leverage the digital gaming industry to offer innovative cloud-based gaming services to users.
3. Artificial Intelligence - AI companies can partner with gaming studios to develop new Machine and Deep Learning AI-enabled gaming platforms.