Hipcamp – the largest online resource for public and private camping – recently launched its services in Canada. The app offers over 500,000 outdoor stays across the U.S., Canada, and Australia for travelers to disconnect and relax. The locations range from treehouses and alpaca farms to cozy cabins and glamping homes, appealing to both experienced and novice travelers.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, many consumers have shifted their hobbies from urban activities to nature-based experiences. This came as many tourist attractions closed amid physical distancing requirements and travel restrictions inhibited resort getaways.
In an effort to keep visitors safe, Hipcamp launched strict COVID-19 safety guidelines that require all campers to follow the rules outlined. These include fire safety and the removal of waste – leaving a place better than it was originally found.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Online Camping Resource 'Hipcamp' Just Launched in Canada
1. Nature-based Travel - Travel companies can tap into the trend of consumers shifting towards nature-based experiences due to the COVID-19 pandemic to offer unique outdoor stays.
2. Private Camping Options - Developers can create apps to provide access to private camping options, catering to consumers looking for exclusive outdoor stays.
3. COVID-19 Safety Measures - Companies can introduce strict COVID-19 safety measures to ensure visitors' safety while promoting nature-based travel experiences.
1. Travel - Travel companies can use the trend of nature-based travel to promote and offer unique outdoor stays to consumers.
2. App Development - Developers can create apps to provide access to private camping options, catering to consumers looking for exclusive outdoor stays.
3. Environmental Services - Companies can promote environmental services that help encourage responsible camping practices, such as waste removal, and align with the strict guidelines set by Hipcamp.