Photographer Steven Meisel brings the heat for the Prada Fall 2010 campaign. Models Mark Cox, Kim Dall'armi, Mathias Bergh and ClÃ©ment Chabernaud vamp in this set of retro-styled ads, which are highly evocative of an upscale party circa the early 60s.
Despite the concurrent fall trends of casual-chic clothing and bohemian romance, the Prada Fall 2010 campaign proves that dressing up will never go out of style.
Implications - Conservative styles like those from the 1950s and 1960s have long been associated with classic designs like those within Steven Meisel's shoot. If a business wants to be considered classic in nature or timeless in the eyes of consumers, they should continue to consider implementing more conservative fashions that are indicative of decades past within their advertising campaigns and product packaging. Other businesses should recognize the varying personal tastes of their target market and try to come up with an overall vibe for their brand image that they think will more effectively cover a broad spectrum of varying consumer tastes.
Steven Meisel Shoots Well-Dressed Drama for the Prada Fall 2010 Campaign
1. Conservative Fashion - Opportunity for businesses to embrace classic and timeless designs in their advertising campaigns and product packaging.
2. Decades-inspired Styles - Opportunity for businesses to tap into the nostalgia for bygone eras by incorporating fashion trends from the past in their products and marketing.
3. Personalized Brand Vibe - Opportunity for businesses to create an overall brand image that caters to a broad spectrum of consumer tastes.
1. Fashion - Opportunity for fashion industry to incorporate conservative and decades-inspired styles in their designs and marketing strategies.
2. Advertising - Opportunity for advertising industry to assist businesses in creating classic and timeless advertising campaigns and packaging.
3. Consumer Goods - Opportunity for consumer goods industry to develop products with nostalgic elements and personalized brand vibes to attract a wide range of consumers.