Inspired by the ‘Honest Logos’ series by Viktor Hertz, Clif Dickens began a Tumblr blog called ‘Honest Slogans’, which focuses on poking fun at popular brands. The pictures featured on this Tumblr blog essentially take famous logos from social media platforms, fast food corporations, and all kinds of other companies, and give them hilarious slogans that somehow seem more fitting than the real thing.
The humorous Pizza Hut slogan mocks the fact that Pizza Hut has a salad bar. This is a funny dig that can pretty much be applied to all fast food restaurants. Many chains have started offering healthier options, but overall they’re not fooling anyone. The Instagram Honest Slogan reads “mask bad photos with filters”, which is pretty much exactly what people use Instagram for.
This comical brand-focused blog is sure to have people laughing and nodding in agreement.
Clif Dickens Takes Popular Brands and Gives Them Fitting Slogans
1. Humorous Brand Critique - Opportunity to create amusing and relatable content that pokes fun at popular brands.
2. Subversive Slogans - Chance to subvert the messaging of well-known brands with clever and fitting alternative slogans.
3. Honest Marketing - Potential to leverage honesty and transparency in brand messaging to connect with consumers.
1. Advertising - Opportunity to create entertaining and engaging advertisements that adopt a comical and critical approach.
2. Social Media - Chance to use humor and parody to attract and engage with audiences on popular social media platforms.
3. Marketing and Branding - Potential to incorporate humor and satire in brand campaigns to differentiate and connect with consumers.