At first glance, the work of Anoush Waddington appears to be made of feathers or some similarly organic material. The medium for these creations is actually polypropylene, a lightweight plastic. From her London-based studio, Waddington’s work overcame many of the technical issues others faced in their use of this product.
Brought up in Brazil, Anoush Waddington first got her artistic feet wet in the music industry and even has a #1 hit record under her belt. After emigrating to the UK, she pursued a modeling career, followed by a stint in the animation industry. All of these influences appear in the creations displayed here.
Anoush Waddington’s otherworldly creations clearly are not your run-of-the-mill adornments. Part Mad Max, part fetish and part ethereal feathery fantasy, these accessories are truly remarkable in their creativity.
Unusual Featherlike Statement Accessories
1. Polypropylene Plastic Jewelry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring the use of lightweight plastics in unconventional jewelry design.
2. Featherlike Statement Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating unique, organic-looking accessories using unconventional materials.
3. Exploring Polypropylene as a Medium - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Overcoming technical challenges to unlock the potential of polypropylene in artistic creations.
1. Fashion and Jewelry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Transforming the fashion and jewelry industry by introducing unconventional materials and designs.
2. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Pushing the boundaries of traditional art and design by experimenting with new mediums and techniques.
3. Plastics Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing innovative uses for polypropylene and exploring its potential as a versatile material in various industries.