Top model Maryna Linchuk graces Vogue Japan's March 2013 beauty issue in an cover story entitled 'Playing with Color'. The fun photoshoot takes inspiration from the works of legendary pop artist Roy Lichtenstein with its bright display of color to its dotted image detailing.
Channeling some of the American artist's most loved pieces, the portrait series showcases some of the season's hottest cosmetic looks. Lichtenstein's work often explores themes of romance and heartbreak and takes inspiration from illustrated comic book panels.
The 'Playing with Color' Vogue Japan editorial is fiercely feminine. The vibrant beauty story features exaggerated, collaged and stencilled makeup looks by Andrew Gallimore and a flirty wardrobe by stylist Beth Fenton. Captured by CLM photographer Lacey, this artful editorial redefines a vision of the modern pinup girl.
The Playing with Color Vogue Japan Photoshoot Tributes Roy Lichtenstein
1. Pop Art-inspired Beauty - Opportunity for cosmetics companies to create bright, bold, and collaged makeup looks inspired by pop art
2. Collaborations with Artists - Opportunity for fashion and beauty brands to collaborate with artists to create visually stunning and unique editorial shoots
3. Retro Revival - Opportunity for fashion and beauty to draw inspiration from iconic artwork from past decades
1. Cosmetics - Cosmetics companies can leverage the trend of pop art-inspired beauty by creating bold and unique makeup looks
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can collaborate with artists to create visually stunning editorial shoots like the 'Playing with Color' Vogue Japan photoshoot
3. Art - Artists can leverage the demand for pop art-inspired visuals and collaborate with fashion and beauty brands for unique projects