The rise in the demand for eco-friendly products has created thriving competition between companies, all fighting to come up with the newest green innovation.
Supermarkets are major competitors as they try to offset their eco-unfriendly activities. The latest concept is by UK major supermarket chain, Sainsbury's. They are launching a clothing range made entirely from their plastic. After collecting their customers plastic bottles and packaging in big recycle bins they will create a fashion range that will be on sale in over 250 stores nation wide. The clothes will appear on the rails later this year and will consist of skirts, trousers and shirts with a viscose or polyester type fabric.
Textile research pvrojects have already proven the success of using recycled plastic for fashion.Designers have been working with the fabric for some time now. It has been said that this could be a fabric of the future. Sainsburys' role within the development of this trend is simply to bring the concept of recycled plastic fashion out of obscurity and make it available for the consumer.
(Image: Aveda Ecoture clothing range)
Sainsbury's Recycled Plastic Collection
1. Eco-friendly Fashion - Creating clothing ranges made entirely from recycled plastic bottles and packaging.
2. Supermarket Sustainability - Supermarkets launching eco-friendly initiatives to offset their environmental impact.
3. Recycled Plastic Fabric - The use of recycled plastic as a fabric material in fashion design.
1. Fashion Retail - Retailers can explore the production and sale of eco-friendly clothing made from recycled materials.
2. Supermarket - Supermarkets can tap into the sustainable fashion market by launching their own clothing ranges made from recycled materials.
3. Textile Manufacturing - Manufacturers can focus on developing and producing fabric made from recycled plastic for fashion and other industries.