The market for plant-based gluten-free pizza has significantly grown in recent years as more and more individuals curate their diet to fit their nutritious needs and preferred lifestyle. Daiya is a company that purveys the vegan market as it reinterprets beloved dishes — such as pizzas and burritos, in a guilt-free manner. Its newest reformulation boasts an upgrade of its plant-based gluten-free pizza recipe. The crust is improved for added crispiness and the tomato sauce is revamped in a herb-forward manner for a more authentic taste.
One of the seven varieties includes the 'Meatless Meat Lover's,' "with pepperoni-style slices and Italian sausage-style crumbles. In addition to being free of animal products, the pie also does not include any soy, fish, shellfish, peanuts or tree nuts. The new recipe also takes advantage of Daiya's "Cutting Board Collection Shreds" which is a line of dairy-free cheese that mimics the taste and texture of the real thing.
The packaging adds a visual twist that allows the gluten-free pizza to effortlessly stand out on the shelf.
Image Credit: Daiya
Daiya is Reformulating Its Delicious Vegan Pizza Recipe
1. Increased Demand for Plant-based Foods - Opportunity for companies to invest in developing more plant-based meat alternatives.
2. Growing Popularity of Gluten-free Products - Opportunity for companies to create more innovative and tasty gluten-free products.
3. Enhanced Vegan Product Offerings - Opportunity for companies to invest in creating more vegan alternatives of popular meat-based products.
1. Food and Beverage - Companies in the industry can invest in research and development to create innovative plant-based and gluten-free products.
2. Retail - Retailers can capitalize on the growing demand for plant-based and gluten-free foods by offering a wider variety of products in their stores.
3. Packaging - Opportunity for packaging companies to create unique and visually appealing packaging designs to differentiate their products on the shelf.