I hate the sheds in my backyard, but I could probably dig the Plant Room. This strap-on shed/porch is perfect for city slickers who wish they were able to grow a little somethin' somethin'.
The Plant Room is "a prefabricated room that bolts-on to a variety of existing apartment types, improving the quality of living, reducing energy and water use, and generally making the building more sustainable." Hopefully the Plant Room becomes a reality soon. I'd move to the city if I could still keep my spice garden.
The Plant Room Gives Apartment Dwellers a Shot at Having a Shed
1. Strap-on Porches for Apartment Dwellers - The Plant Room offers a new approach to apartment living with a prefabricated room that can be added-on to existing apartments.
2. Sustainable Living in Urban Spaces - The Plant Room offers a solution to improve the sustainability of urban living through reducing energy and water use.
3. Vertical Gardening - The Plant Room allows city dwellers to have access to gardening space by adding a porch or shed to their apartment.
1. Real Estate Development - Real estate developers can explore new opportunities for sustainable urban living with prefab rooms like the Plant Room.
2. Gardening and Landscaping - The Plant Room creates new opportunities for urban gardening and landscaping services by adding vertical gardening options for apartment dwellers.
3. Home Improvement - Home improvement companies can explore new opportunities catering to apartment dwellers with the Plant Room's easy-to-install prefabricated rooms.