"The 60 mm rotor diameter Picoflyer is the smallest RC helicopter ever presented, it is a one-off prototype and it is not intended for sale." (Proxyflyer) Um, okay, but when is it going to be for sale?
Key benefits of the helicopter:
* Absolutely stable without the use of any gyros or autopilots
* There are no servos, actuators, rods, links, gears or other moving part
* The whole helicopter is operated and controlled by 3 electric motors
* Forward flight is achieved by tilting the helicopter with the tail propeller
Basically, I want one (or more).
The World's Smallest RC Helicopter
1. Miniature RC Helicopters - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop advanced stabilization systems to improve flight stability without the need for gyros or autopilots.
2. Simplified Helicopter Controls - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design helicopters that can be operated and controlled using a minimal number of electric motors.
3. Tail Propeller Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore tail propeller mechanisms for achieving forward flight in miniature helicopters.
1. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create innovative miniature RC helicopter designs to cater to consumer demand for technologically advanced toys.
2. Aerospace - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Apply the principles of stable flight and simplified controls from miniature RC helicopters to larger-scale aircraft.
3. Entertainment and Recreation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop immersive experiences and applications utilizing miniature RC helicopters for entertainment and recreational purposes.