A group of students from China has created PhotoSketch—an app that takes a basic sketch and turns it into a realistic photo. According to the video, PhotoSketch searches the web for images that match the description that you give to the objects. By grouping these images and comparing them to your sketch, the program determines possible matches and create a new compiled photo.
Looking at the images, it would appear that even I would be capable of generating a quality image out of PhotoSketch.
Photosketch Takes a Drawing and Makes Composite Photo
1. Automatic Image Generation - PhotoSketch creates realistic photos from basic sketches using image recognition technology.
2. Web Scraping for Image Matching - PhotoSketch uses internet search and comparison techniques to find and combine images based on a sketch.
3. Simplified Photo Editing - PhotoSketch streamlines the process of manually editing photos by generating a completed image from a basic sketch.
1. Graphic Design - PhotoSketch presents an opportunity for graphic designers to quickly generate detailed images with less manual effort.
2. E-commerce - PhotoSketch could be used to generate product images for ecommerce platforms, reducing the need for professional photography.
3. Advertising - PhotoSketch provides a new and innovative way to create realistic advertising images, potentially revolutionizing the industry.