For those who have always wanted a pet hedgehog, but have been met with some resistance from parents, this robotic toy is the perfect solution. It is a STEM Experiment Kit by Thames & Kosmos and the product was a finalist in the 2020 Toy of The Year Awards.
The 'My Robotic Pet - Tumbling Hedgehog' boasts a total of 172 building pieces. The assembly of the toy itself is a very educational adventure that will give you insight into the mechanical workings of a robot. Thereafter, kids can play around with their robotic pet hedgehog who has built-in sound sensors. Different soundscapes cause the toy to "tumble, roll, spin around, bristle its spines, and scurry around." For example, when you clap multiple times, the pet hedgehog counts the claps and tumbles that exact number.
Thames & Kosmos' My Robotic Pet Series is Educational
1. Educational Robotic Toys - The trend of building and playing with educational robotic toys creates opportunities for companies to develop new and innovative STEM experiment kits.
2. Sound-sensing Robots - The trend of sound-sensing robots creates opportunities for developers to create new and exciting toys that interact with their environment.
3. DIY Robotics - The trend of do-it-yourself robotics enables companies to produce robot products that are both fun and educational for children and adults alike.
1. Toy Industry - The toy industry can capitalize on the trend of developing educationally-focused robot toys to appeal to parents who want their kids to learn while they play.
2. Education Industry - The education industry can leverage the trend of educational robotic toys to develop new STEM-focused curricula surrounding robotics and engineering.
3. Electronics Industry - The electronics industry can take advantage of the trend of do-it-yourself robotics to produce new, exciting and innovative robotic toy kits that are entertaining and educational.