Jessica Marren is all about the personification of animals via Internet memes starring moon-walking ponies. When she's not watching horses channel Michael Jackson, Marren can be found brightening the Trend Hunter offices with her quirky sensibilities and working as a journalist for the fashion industry. Marren also harbors keen interests in traveling, psychology and human interactions, raw foods, photography and messy fashion photoshoots.
What's your favorite trend and why?
My favorite trend is the personification of animals, because it's hilarious. I have a great example which is a viral moon-walking pony ad. It's by UK Telecom, and it's supposed to be showing that funny things are important as well. This video is of a Shetland pony that's moon-walking across the fields. The funniest part is when he stops moon-walking because the farmer drives by on a tractor.
How do you define cool?
I define cool as anything that is uniquely you. Something that can spark a passion or excitement in yourself.
What's your secret to uncovering the best trends?
My secret to uncovering the best trends is keeping an extremely open mind. I think you can find inspiration from anything, but you have to be willing to look for it.
What's your favorite part about working at Trend Hunter?
My favorite thing about working at Trend Hunter is the inspiring environment. It's contagiously creative and fantastic to be here.
What ways do you see the business world changing in the future?
A way that I see businesses changing in the future is a more collaborative work environment and less of a structural hierarchy. It gives a lot more room for movement, growth and new ideas to be creative.
What is your favorite accomplishment?
I don't think my favorite accomplishment has happened yet for me. I think I'm on the right track with Trend Hunter. I'm going to find my accomplishment.
What's your awesome prediction for the year 2030?
Something cool I see happening by 2030 is I think we're going to start seeing a lot more biometric technology. Everything is so virtual these days that we'll need another layer of protection from identity theft and credit theft. Definitely biometric technologies.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
When I was little I wanted to be a veterinarian and a horseback rider, which I am not. (laughs)
Is there anything you'd like to add about Trend Hunter?
Trend Hunter is innovative and constantly moving. It's a lot of fun and it's really fast paced here.
Marren Looks at Personification of Animals in Advertising
1. Personification of Animals - The trend of personifying animals in advertising presents opportunities for brands to create humorous and engaging campaigns that resonate with consumers.
2. Collaborative Work Environment - The shift towards a more collaborative work environment in the future opens up opportunities for businesses to foster creativity, innovation, and cross-functional collaboration.
3. Biometric Technology - The increasing adoption of biometric technology by 2030 represents a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to enhance security and protect against identity theft and credit fraud.
1. Advertising - The personification of animals trend in advertising creates opportunities for agencies to develop memorable and viral campaigns that capture consumer attention and drive brand loyalty.
2. Technology - The growth of collaborative work environments opens up opportunities for technology companies to develop innovative tools and platforms that facilitate seamless collaboration and information sharing.
3. Security - The rise of biometric technology as a means of identity verification and security creates opportunities for the security industry to develop cutting-edge solutions that protect individuals and organizations from cyber threats.