Avant-Garde fashion designer Rick Owens introduces his PERFORMA runway show capturing the looks from his Fall/Winter 2020 collection during Paris Fashion Show Men's. The show featured a cloudy aesthetic as the theatrical hall was filled with dry ice with models walking through.
The name of the collection also serves as the inspiration, referencing the performance art biennial by Roselee Goldberg back in 2004. Owens states that he “had always regarded personal behavior, social and moral, as something to quietly but diligently work on improving. But at 58, I find myself, for better or worse, performing.” The new collection is presented in a dramatic manner as well, showcased through designs that correlate towards the same theme.
Image Credit: Paul Jeong / Hypebeast / Salvatore Dragone / Gorunway.com
Rick Owens' FW20 PERFORMA Runway Show References Eclectic Themes
1. Futuristic Biker Fashion - Fashion brands can explore the integration of technology and innovative materials to create futuristic biker-inspired fashion that is both stylish and functional.
2. Eclectic Runway Shows - Fashion designers can experiment with non-traditional runway show themes to create unique and memorable experiences for their audience.
3. Performance-inspired Collections - Fashion designers can draw inspiration from performance art and theater to create collections that are both visually striking and thought-provoking.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage avant-garde designs and theatrical presentations to differentiate their brand and appeal to a broader audience.
2. Entertainment Events - Event companies can cater to the growing demand for unique and immersive entertainment experiences by organizing runway shows and performances that feature unconventional themes and designs.
3. Art and Culture - Art and cultural establishments can use fashion as a medium for artistic expression and collaborate with designers to push creative boundaries.