The Percepto Computer Vision is a new feature, offered by Israeli company Percepto, that aims to allow drone owners to add functionality to their existing drones via an open-source attachable camera, which itself is controlled by a variety of drone apps.
The Computer Vision attachment is a black box that weighs around 140 grams and houses a processing unit based on NVIDIA's Tegra K1 and a camera capable of shooting 640 x 480 video at 120 frames per second.
While existing drones are capable of doing amazing things such as shooting video, capturing underwater photos or avoiding obstacles, most drones have specialize at one thing in particular. The Percepto Computer Vision feature makes it possible for drone owners to own a truly versatile device that excels at a number of things, not just one.
Percepto Computer Vision Adds App-Controlled Features to Drones
1. Versatile Drones - The Percepto Computer Vision feature allows drone owners to add functionality to their existing drones, making them versatile devices that excel at multiple tasks.
2. Open-source Attachable Cameras - The Percepto Computer Vision attachment is an open-source camera that can be added to existing drones, providing users with enhanced capabilities and functionalities.
3. App-controlled Features - The Percepto Computer Vision attachment can be controlled by a variety of drone apps, offering users a customizable and personalized drone experience.
1. Drone Technology - The Percepto Computer Vision attachment has disruptive innovation opportunities in the drone technology industry, allowing for the enhancement of existing drone functionalities.
2. Camera Manufacturing - The open-source attachable camera feature of the Percepto Computer Vision attachment creates disruptive innovation opportunities in the camera manufacturing industry, making it possible to integrate camera technology into various devices.
3. App Development - The app-controlled features of the Percepto Computer Vision attachment present disruptive innovation opportunities in the app development industry, enabling developers to create customized drone control apps.