Nike introduces its Pegasus running series once again -- this time around, the silhouettes readily prepare for the winter season. The line up features the Pegasus Trail 2, the Pegasus 37 Shield, and the React Miley Shield. The most notable silhouette of the range is the Pegasus Trail 2.
The construction of the sneaker is entirely wrapped in GORE-TEX materials in order to withstand the winter terrain. Nike also adds more traction at the heel to help runners as they navigate through hills with comfort delivered by the React foam unit. The remaining silhouettes in the collection are designed with inspiration drawn from winter car tires, which is referenced at the outsole's patterning made for wet road surfaces.
Image Credit: Nike
Nike Re-Introduces its Weather Resistant Pegasus Running Silhouettes
1. Winter-ready Running Shoes - The demand for weather-resistant running shoes is increasing, providing opportunities for the development of innovative and durable materials.
2. GORE-TEX Constructed Footwear - The use of GORE-TEX materials in footwear production is becoming popular and presents opportunities for disruptive innovations in the footwear industry.
3. Traction-enhanced Outsoles - The demand for footwear with enhanced grip and traction on various surfaces presents opportunities for the development of new and efficient outsole technologies.
1. Footwear Industry - The footwear industry may benefit from incorporating weather-resistant materials in their product lines to cater to the growing demand for winter-ready footwear.
2. Outdoor Sports Industry - The demand for weather-resistant shoes is especially high in the outdoor sports industry, presenting opportunities for the development of innovative and durable materials in this industry.
3. Athletic Apparel Industry - The athletic apparel industry can benefit from incorporating weather-resistant features in their products to cater to athletes who train outdoors during harsh weather conditions.