Pattern masters 'Patternity' joined forces with Pretty Polly to create a crisp, graphic three-piece collection of tights inspired by urban architecture.
The three looks make up the 'Streetshapes' collection and pull inspiration from bricks, details etched into concrete and repetitive architectural patterns. The striking collection is simple and features basic geometry, but it packs a powerful punch. These shapes are the foundation of all matter and for this collection, Patternity aims to encourage "heightened observation of the (often unnoticed) patterns that surround us everywhere we go."
The garments and presentation of this small collection is reminiscent of Patternity's collaboration earlier this year with Chinti and Parker for entire outfits. As well as having bold lines, the presentation of images beside their architectural counterparts denotes similarities between the two architecturally-inspired collections.
Patternity's 'Streetshapes' Tights Are a Graphic Take on Urban Cities
1. Architecture-inspired Fashion - Combining architecture and fashion to create bold, graphic designs.
2. Urban Pattern Tights - Graphic tights inspired by the patterns and details of urban architecture.
3. Heightened Pattern Observation - Encouraging a closer look at the patterns that surround us in everyday life.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the intersection of fashion and architecture to create bold new designs.
2. Architecture - Architects and designers can leverage patterns found in urban environments to inspire new design solutions.
3. Retail - The retail industry can tap into consumer interest in graphic, bold designs inspired by the built environment.