During the height of the Bitcoin boom, a few programmers made headlines with Cryptokitties, a set of blockchain-backed tokens in the shape of unique cat cartoons, so while cute animal cryptocurrencies aren't anything new, the 'Panda Earth' project brings a new twist. Not only does the platform let users buy, trade, and sell cryptographically unique panda illustrations, but it also backs that activity with conservation efforts to keep real-world pandas safe and populous.
Pandas on Panda Earth have unique, goofy designs, similar to Cryptokitties, but each panda also has a gender. Users can buy pandas at the marketplace, and they can then hold panda weddings to breed new options. This all takes place on the ERC-721 protocol, which is financially authorized by the China Conservation and Research Center for Giant Pandas.
'Panda Earth' Supports Conservation Efforts in China
1. Blockchain-backed Conservation - The Panda Earth project frames conservation efforts for animals like pandas through blockchain-backed tokens, paving the way for more conservation efforts through cryptocurrency.
2. Cryptocurrency Animal Trading - The platform allows for the buying, selling and trading of unique animals via cryptocurrency, potentially starting a new trend in the world of digital asset trading.
3. ERC-721 Protocol Integration - The use of the ERC-721 protocol, authorized by the China Conservation and Research Center for Giant Pandas, may pave the way for more organizations and institutions to integrate blockchain-powered systems into their work.
1. Crypto Trading Platforms - As cryptocurrency continues to grow as an asset class, further development of animal-centric cryptocurrency trading platforms similar to Panda Earth hold excellent potential in a dynamic new tech industry.
2. Conservation and Environmentalism - Through blockchain-backed cryptocurrency technology, the Panda Earth project provides new opportunities for fundraising and conservation efforts.
3. Blockchain-enabled Industries - Panda Earth, using the secure blockchain technology opens up the door for other businesses and projects to integrate protocols such as ERC-721, leading to broader, more intense, and innovative applications of blockchain technology.