The OWL sunglasses brand was created on behalf of three Berlin and Hamburg residents. The trio of friends took it upon themselves to "put their heart and soul into the intricate details of a new era of glasses."
Given the native cities of these women, they have named their products under the Dutch titles of funf, vier, drei, zwei and eins. In addition to promoting their culture, OWL also aims to drive down the price point of spectacles, making them more affordable not only for their customers, but also for the industry in general.
"Our story begins with the question: Why do we have a hallway full of shoes, but only one pair of glasses? That’s because good-looking glasses are expensive." Their prices are undoing this phenomenon.
The OWL Sunglasses Label Aims to Make Economical Spectacles
1. Affordable Spectacles - The OWL Sunglasses Label's initiative to drive down the price point of spectacles is a disruptive innovation opportunity for the eyewear industry.
2. Cultural Branding - OWL's use of Dutch titles for their products is a trend for cultural branding that can be adopted across various industries.
3. Personalized Design - The trio's focus on intricate details for their glasses offer a trend for personalized design that can also disrupt the eyewear industry.
1. Eyewear - OWL's initiative to drive down the price point and personalized design offers disruptive innovation opportunities for the eyewear industry.
2. Fashion - OWL's cultural branding trend can be adopted by fashion brands for items that represent their roots or origins.
3. Footwear - OWL's comparison of shoes and glasses can inspire a trend for affordable and stylish footwear that may disrupt the footwear industry.