Veja Sneakers are so cool! Materials used are organic cotton produced by a cooperative of small Brazilian producers and rubber from wild Amazon Hevea trees. It was inspired by Brazilian volley shoes from the 1970s.
According to Veja the fair trade premium paid to the producers aims at financing concrete development projects in health, education or environment fields.
Implications - Society's emphasis on health and eco ideas has made the term "organic" extremely popular. The term now extends beyond food, catering to a demographic that was largely ignored in the past. Companies are marketing their products as organic in order to promote an earth-friendly image. Not all businesses can achieve this with their old products, but perhaps a switch can be made to cater to a whole new demographic.
1. Earth-friendly Marketing - Companies are marketing their products as organic in order to promote an earth-friendly image.
2. Expanding Organic Market - The term 'organic' now extends beyond food, catering to a demographic that was largely ignored in the past.
3. Catering to New Demographic - Switching to organic materials can help businesses cater to a whole new demographic.
1. Fashion - In the fashion industry, there is an opportunity to utilize organic materials and promote earth-friendly brands.
2. Shoe Manufacturing - Shoe manufacturers can explore the use of organic materials and differentiate themselves in the market.
3. Sustainable Lifestyle Products - The market for sustainable lifestyle products, including organic shoes, is growing as consumers seek more environmentally-friendly options.