At first a person could view the Orange is the New Black Disney mashup series as a continuation of a pop culture fad, yet there is more to the illustrations than first meets the eye. The artist behind the series carefully thought out the blending of each character and worlds to better reveal their struggles.
Created by Yehyon Chung, the Orange is the New Black Disney series depicts Piper Chapman as a lost Alice, Sophia as a transforming Elsa and more. She says, "My main goal was to seamlessly combine the two characters while not having one overshadow the other. I tried to maintain the sharp and edgy tone from Orange Is The New Black, while accentuating the Disney characteristics with vibrant colors."
The Orange is the New Black Disney Mashup is Revealing
1. Pop Culture Mashups - There are opportunities to create unique and engaging content by combining iconic characters from different pop culture realms.
2. Character Transformation - Exploring the transformation of well-known characters can provide fresh perspectives and new narratives.
3. Blending Contrasting Themes - Mixing contrasting themes such as prison and Disney can create thought-provoking and visually striking art.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry has the potential to create new forms of content by combining characters from different franchises.
2. Art - Artists can leverage the concept of character transformation to create new and captivating artwork.
3. Fashion and Merchandising - Fashion designers and merchandisers can capitalize on the trend of blending contrasting themes by creating unique products that resonate with consumers.