The Spring/Summer 2017 Opening Ceremony collection was recently debuted, and with it, a stylized editorial that shows how versatile the pieces that comprise it are.
Lissette Emma, a stylist, curated the looks that are presented throughout the editorial, which are starkly simple but with a unique twist. A number of the looks clearly draw from the 70s, which are reinforced by the pastel hues that mark many of the backgrounds, as well as the vintage hairstyles and sunglasses that are worn by the models.
The new Opening Ceremony collection was explained by the brand with the words, "The thing is, basic isn’t always a bad thing. Sometimes a return to form is needed. It sure seems like 'back to basics' never goes out of style … In life, inspiration … our wardrobe. So we decided to take a stand against all the haters, reaching for those comfort clothes that remind us of the good (and easy) times."
The New Opening Ceremony Collection Was Promoted with Modern Images
1. Versatile Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop clothing lines that can be easily styled for different occasions and adapt to changing trends.
2. 70s Revival - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create modern iterations of vintage fashion styles, incorporating pastel hues and retro accessories.
3. Back to Basics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design minimalist clothing that focuses on comfort and simplicity, appealing to consumers seeking a return to form.
1. Fashion Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new retail models that offer versatile fashion choices and personalized styling advice.
2. Fashion Photography - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce innovative ways to capture and showcase the versatility of fashion collections through stylized editorials and modern imagery.
3. Accessory Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop retro-inspired sunglasses and accessories that enhance the 70s revival fashion trend while incorporating modern elements.