A prelude to 2008's biggest sporting event is the launch of "The Original Games Collection" by Adidas.
The collection features designs that are highlighting the countries participating in the anticipated 29th Olympic Games in Beijing.
According to press.adidas.com, "The Original Games collection celebrates the greatest sporting event in the world and the most special moments in Olympic history. With country-relevant products, authentic stories and unique graphics this concept presents the Original Games in unexpected and stylish ways."
Over 100 products will be made available to sports aficionados at select Adidas Original stores.
The Original Games Collection by Adidas
1. Sports Fashion - There is an opportunity for more sportswear brands to follow in Adidas' footsteps and release collections aimed at celebrating major sporting events, such as international tournaments or championship matches, with unique and country-relevant designs.
2. Limited Edition Collections - Creating unique and exclusive collections for a specific event or occasion could increase brand exposure and attract a wider audience to more established brands.
3. Heritage Fashion - Releasing collections that are inspired from historical events such as this Adidas Original Games Collection, can help brands to tap into different cultures and appeal to a more diverse audience.
1. Sportswear Industry - Sportswear brands have an opportunity to create unique collections that are tied to major sporting events, which could help them in setting apart from their competitors and attract a wider audience.
2. Fashion Industry - Fashion brands can look to incorporate heritage elements into their designs, similarly to Adidas in this collection, in order to appeal to different cultures and countries and attract a more diverse audience.
3. Retail Industry - Retailers can focus on limited edition and exclusive collections, similar to Adidas' Original Games collection, to attract new customers and increase demand for their products.