Oku Japan, the adventure travel brand that offers guided, self-guided, and custom tours in stunning landscapes around Japan, has noted an increase in American travelers seeking moderate hikes. These consumers are opting for nature-filled vacations in lieu of traditional options like resorts and cruises, many of them being new to the outdoor activity space.
Those seeking to see the beauty of the world will adore the routes and activities Oku Japan offers in the country's national and regional parks, "each one unique and with a network of well-maintained trails, efficient mountain huts and lodges, and the added benefit of plentiful hot springs." Travelers can set about these exquisite tours by walking, cycling, and hiking, all while experiencing the rich culture of Japan including its cuisine and cultural experiences.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Oku Japan Sees Significant Increase in Moderate/Beginner Hikers
1. Nature-filled Vacations - Nature-based vacations offer an opportunity for industry players to increase their offerings to cater to travelers seeking outdoor experiences.
2. Moderate Adventure Tours - Offering adventure tours with a moderate difficulty level could attract more first-time hikers to the outdoor activity space.
3. Cultural Immersion Experiences - Incorporating cultural experiences such as cuisine and local customs into adventure tours can enhance a traveler's experience and attract a broader range of travelers.
1. Adventure Travel - Adventure travel companies can cater to a wider range of consumers by offering moderate-level hikes and nature-based vacations.
2. Outdoor Equipment - Manufacturers of outdoor equipment can highlight gear suited for moderate-level hikes to cater to first-time hikers seeking outdoor experiences.
3. Regional Tourism - Regional tourism boards can promote lesser-visited areas with well-maintained trails and cultural experiences to attract new visitors seeking a mix of adventure and culture.