Of course, seats are for sitting, but if you’ve got a cozy old armchair in your bedroom, you know that it’s rarely open for a comfy repose.
The Octopus Chair by Francesco Biagini knows that, in part, seating is used for storage. Bags, jackets, sweaters, scarves, and even some unexpected items may find themselves flung over the backrest, but this peculiar piece of furniture is equipped to handle that.
A white cushioned metal frame makes up the structure of the stool, while bent extensions form horizontal and vertical slings on which you can rest those articles that just aren’t ready to be put away. Simplified from eight tentacles down to four ball-topped appendages, the Octopus Chair by Francesco Biagini can act as a hanger for hats as well.
The Octopus Chair by Francesco Biagini Has Tentacles to Help You Tidy
1. Multipurpose Seating - The Octopus Chair combines seating with storage, showcasing the trend of multipurpose furniture design.
2. Modular Furniture - The use of bent extensions in the Octopus Chair demonstrates the trend of modular furniture that can be customized and adapted for different uses.
3. Functional Design - The Octopus Chair's design reflects the trend of creating furniture that not only looks good but also serves a practical function.
1. Furniture Design - Furniture designers can explore the disruptive innovation opportunity of creating multipurpose and modular seating options like the Octopus Chair.
2. Home Organization - The Octopus Chair presents an opportunity for the home organization industry to offer innovative storage solutions that blend seamlessly with furniture.
3. Interior Decoration - Interior decorators can leverage the trend of functional design and offer clients furniture pieces like the Octopus Chair that are both aesthetically pleasing and practical.