Pitched as "An unparalled geodesic dome tent for the ultimate expedition base camp", the North Face dome tent, which sleeps 8, shows how motern design should be top of mind, even when you're at the base camp of Everest. After all, you're climbing for the story, so you should probably have the picture. Also, if you don't reach the summit, you will have lived in style at the base camp.
For bonus points, they're leveraging Buckminster Fuller in their feature brochure:
- An unparalled geodesic dome tent for the ultimate expedition base camp.
- Dual doors Easton 7075-E9 aluminum poles
- Hemisphere shape demonstrates the original geodesic dome principle developed by Buckminster Fuller Interior canopy loops
- Pole configuration creates steep walls and maximum user space
- Two exterior windows and a chimney vent
Jeremy Gutsche — November 20, 2005 — Art & Design
References: thenorthface & futuredesigndays