Design Milk collaborated with Toronto-based design studio hollis+morris to launch the NOMADE Table Lamp. The lamp's signature silhouette is inspired by the shape of historical petrol lamps which were used in the railway, mining, and navy sectors. The NOMADE Table Lamp retains the carrying handle and ventilator cover of the vintage design while adding several contemporary elements like a slimmed-down body and an LED lighting system.
The NOMADE Table Lamp works by projecting light from a hidden light source in the lacquered metal base onto the plexiglass diffuser above to create a gentle aura of illumination. This system is particularly suited to producing an atmospheric ambiance whether in the home or at the office. The NOMADE Table Lamp comes in four colors: Shadow Black, Cloud White, Sunrise Yellow, and Ocean Blue.
Image Credit: Design Milk
The NOMADE Table Lamp is Modeled After the Historical Petrol Lamp
1. Vintage-inspired LED Lamps - There is an opportunity for designers to create more products that blend traditional and modern design elements, like the NOMADE lamp.
2. Atmospheric Lighting - There is a trend towards using lighting to create a specific ambience in various settings, which presents opportunities for innovative products in hospitality and interior design industries.
3. Metal Bases with Hidden Light Sources - Designers can consider using hidden light sources in metal bases to create a unique lighting effect, as seen in the NOMADE lamp.
1. Interior Design - The atmospheric lighting trend presents an opportunity for interior designers to create unique and impactful lighting designs for their clients.
2. Hospitality - The trend towards atmospheric lighting could also be applied in hospitality settings to create a specific ambiance and enhance the guest experience.
3. Lighting Design - There is an opportunity for lighting designers to create lamps with metal bases and hidden light sources, offering a new take on traditional lamp designs.