Taylor Swift's fandom nearly lost their minds when the singer stepped out in t-shirt emblazoned with the words "no its becky."
While the phrase seems innocuous -- and a little nonsensical, I mean we all know it's Taylor Swift in that t-shirt -- it actually has a hilarious history. The phrase comes from a meme that originated on Tumblr. One user posted an old picture of Swift, accompanied by a "horror" story about her former friend Becky, a "happy, popular girl" who met her tragic demise after "snorting marijuana at a party." When a fellow Tumblr-user suggested that the girl in the photo might actually be Taylor Swift, the adamant poster replied, "no its becky." Well, that's that, I guess!
Swift showed that she's in on the joke by donning the t-shirt, sending the Internet into a frenzy in the process.
Taylor Swift's 'No Its Becky' Shirt Has Broken the Internet
1. Celebrity Meme Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating a line of celebrity meme-inspired clothing that taps into popular Internet memes and viral moments.
2. Social Media Fashion Influence - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging social media to gauge and capitalize on trending memes and viral moments in fashion.
3. Personalized Meme Merchandise - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing a platform that allows consumers to create personalized merchandise featuring their favorite memes and viral content.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating social media and popular memes into fashion design and marketing.
2. E-commerce - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Building an online marketplace specifically for meme merchandise and clothing.
3. Social Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating tools and platforms that help individuals and brands capitalize on viral content and memes on social media.