Niwa is a smartphone-controlled growing system that makes it easy for anybody to become a gardener—especially if you're someone who lives in an city with little access to green space, or even a balcony.
Being able to grow your own food would be ideal, but a lot of us lack the time, space or know-how. Niwa does a lot of this work for you and its hardware system is connected to both the Internet and the Niwa app, which is automated to perfect the growing conditions for a particular plant.
Niwa's hydroponic system is designed to be extremely user-friendly, which makes it great for kids, as well as experienced growers who could take more initiative with the controls. On May 12th, Niwa will be launching a Kickstarter campaign.
The Niwa Smart Growing System Helps Anybody Have Green Thumbs
1. App-connected Gardening - The rise of app-connected gardening systems is disrupting established greenhouse and gardening industries.
2. Indoor Hydroponics - The trend towards user-friendly indoor hydroponic growing systems is disrupting traditional gardening practices.
3. Urban Agriculture - The rise of urban agriculture through app-connected gardening systems is disrupting the traditional supply chain for produce in cities.
1. Greenhouse Manufacturing - Greenhouse manufacturers can explore partnership opportunities with app-connected gardening companies to integrate their technology.
2. Home Appliance Manufacturers - Home appliance manufacturers can develop and market user-friendly indoor hydroponic growing systems to cater to the growing demand for app-connected gardening.
3. Local Farmers and Produce Suppliers - Local farmers and produce suppliers can partner with app-connected gardening companies to distribute produce grown in urban homes, tapping into the growing demand for sustainably-grown, locally-sourced produce.