The Nike x P-Rod sneaker is the baby that came of the collaboration between the major athletic label and the hip Los Angeles apparel store Primitive.
Dubbed the 'Lunar Rod' shoe, Primitive's owner Rodriguez was at the fore of the design team. The elongated sole is topped with black and white Safari-themed patterns and a dark suede front. Neon orange fabric lines the interior of the sneakers, adding pops of color to the otherwise muted tone of the piece.
As if there wasn't enough hype surrounding the release of this line, the Nike x P-Rod product is also being sold as a part of a limited edition collection. The interesting pairing of shades will surely sell out quickly.
The Nike x P-Rod Shoe Blends Styles
1. Safari-themed Sneakers - The combination of Safari-themed patterns and vibrant colors in sneaker designs presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for the footwear industry.
2. Limited Edition Collections - The popularity of limited edition sneaker collections creates opportunities for brands to leverage exclusivity and increase demand among consumers.
3. Collaborative Design Partnerships - Collaborations between established brands and independent retailers provide opportunities for innovative and unique sneaker designs.
1. Footwear - The footwear industry can capitalize on the trend of Safari-themed patterns and limited edition collections to offer innovative sneakers that stand out from the competition.
2. Fashion and Apparel - The fashion and apparel industry can explore collaborative design partnerships to create unique and trendsetting sneaker collections.
3. Retail - Retailers can leverage the popularity of limited edition sneaker collections to attract customers and drive sales.