The Nike Holiday 2014 Women's City Collection is a bright and eye-catching collection of Nike women's shoes inspired by six fashion-forward cities. Each shoe is inspired by six style capitals of the world, namely New York, London, Paris, Milan, Tokyo and Shanghai. The collection makes use of the iconic Nike Air Force 1 sneaker, first released in 1982.
Each shoe has a unique monotone colorway that is inspired by one particular city. The colors and designs are inspired by antique maps of each city as well as its unique local history, paying homage not just to their style quotient but also to their history and tradition.
The Nike Sportswear Holiday 2014 Women's Nike City Collection will be available for sale online as well as at select Nike Sportswear retailers worldwide starting October 23.
These Nike Women's Shoes Are Inspired By Global Fashion Capitals
1. City-inspired Shoes - Shoes inspired by cities provide an opportunity for designers to tap into the history and culture of a location to create unique and vibrant designs.
2. Fashion-inspired Sneakers - Sneakers inspired by fashion offer a disruptive innovation opportunity for athletic wear companies to target a wider range of customers who are looking for both comfort and style in their footwear.
3. Heritage Design Sneakers - Sneakers with heritage designs can disrupt the market by capturing the nostalgia and traditions of a particular location, making the shoes more personalized and sentimental for the wearer.
1. Footwear - The footwear industry can take advantage of city-inspired shoes to target consumers interested in both style and comfort.
2. Athletic Wear - The athletic wear industry can disrupt the market by creating fashionable sneakers suitable for sporting and non-sporting activities.
3. Fashion - The fashion industry can benefit from collaborations with athletic wear companies to create unique and fashionable footwear that incorporates local history and culture.