The Medina Railroad Museum collaborated with the Niagara Wine Trail to offer a romantic two-hour train ride through western New York's wine country.
The train, which travels through the Erie Canal corridor, offers tastings from local winemakers and dinner straight from the farm. Beyond the history and scenery, this locomotive wine tour is intended to call attention to the "the local agriculture and phenomenal farms."
For $63 a person, you will receive first-class service, a sit-down meal, several tastings and intimate consultations with wine connoisseurs. All of this will take place in the comfort of a refined 1947 dining car. Meanwhile, a standard ride will only set you back about $45, and offers tastings and hors 'doeuvres on a sleek 1955 coach model.
The Niagra Wine Trail is Brought to Life with the Medina Railroad Museum
1. Wine Train Tours - Wine train tours are becoming popular for wine tasting experiences with an alternative, unique and exciting perspective. Enterprises could launch similar guided tours with different themes to various regions and create a new market segment.
2. Farm-to-table Dining - Farm-to-Table dining offers tourists a chance to enjoy delicious and fresh regional cuisine during their wine tour experience. New or existing dining establishments could focus on Farm-to-Table dining and minimize the negative impacts on the environment, human health and communities.
3. Collaboration of Industries - Collaboration of industries such as tourism and railroads to offer guided tours creates new opportunities for collaborations and partnerships in other industries, promoting economic development and job creation.
1. Tourism - Tourism industries can offer guided wine tasting tours and new experiences showing the opportunities the local agriculture and farms in the area.
2. Railroad Industry - Railroad industries can partner with wine regions producing quality wine to offer guided tours of their area via historic train models.
3. Wine Industry - Wineries, Vineyards or Wine regions using this trend element can offer different variations such as wine-paired dinners, overnight accommodation, and more in new or established wine regions.