Fuschia lipstick, frizzy hair and giant neon hair bows: the Marc by Marc Jacobs SS 2010 show at New York Fashion Week was a total flashback to the 80s. Eyebrows were thick and little more than mascara framed the eye area—‘Pretty Woman’ seems to be the perfect, albeit ironic, description for this look.
Overall, the Marc by Marc Jacobs SS 2010 show had a very mid-80s vibe—the neon hair bows were a great way to tie in the highlighter hues that were so fashionable in Fall 2009. Style.com pointed out these hair pieces were much like the bunny bows Madonna wore to the Met ball earlier this year.
Check out some more giant hair accessories, from bunny ear fashion to patterned, eccentric and neon hair bows.
Marc by Marc SS 2010 Collection Was Totally 80s
1. Neon Hair Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop sustainable and eco-friendly neon hair bows and accessories.
2. 80s Fashion Revival - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a retro-inspired fashion line that combines 80s trends with modern styles.
3. Statement Hairpieces - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design customizable and interactive hair bows that can change colors or patterns based on user preferences.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate technology into fashion accessories, such as LED-embedded neon hair bows.
2. Beauty - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative hair styling products that help recreate 80s-inspired looks with ease.
3. Sustainability - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create biodegradable and compostable hair bows to reduce environmental impact.