The days of watching innovative, inventive and down right entertaining music videos on MTV are long gone, as priorities in programming paved the way for shows like 'Jersey Shore' and '16 and Pregnant,' all but eliminating the need to broadcast videos. However, the rise of social media has given artists another medium for getting their products to the masses. Use the Music Video Trend Report to not only uncover the best videos to entice audiences, but also learn how to effectively release, promote and produce shorts.
There was a time where music channels like MuchMusic and MTV continuously played music videos, taking up hours in scheduled programming. Today, music videos are a rare sight on television. But thanks to social media sites like Twitter, Tumblr and YouTube, artists can upload videos -- from big budget productions to homemade clips -- and still manage to garner millions of views. Suffice to say video killed the radio star, but now it's social media killing the video star, as consumers flock to artists that make more of a connection with fans via music videos and social media.
Learn How Artists Retain a Massive Fanbase with Self-Branding Visuals
1. Social Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Artists can leverage social media platforms to connect with fans and share music videos directly, bypassing traditional channels.
2. Self-branding Visuals - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Artists can create unique and visually appealing music videos that reflect their personal brand, establishing a strong fanbase.
3. Online Video Platforms - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Artists can utilize online video platforms like YouTube to reach a global audience and gain millions of views.
1. Music Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: The music industry can embrace social media and online video platforms to promote artists and stay relevant in the digital age.
2. Social Media Platforms - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Social media platforms can enhance their features and services to cater to the needs of artists and music video promotion.
3. Online Video Streaming - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Online video streaming platforms can adapt their business models to provide more support and exposure for music videos and artists.