The Muse 'Lady Doll' editorial gives people a glamorous glimpse into what it is like to be backstage at a runway show. Of course, this photo shoot has been completely stylized. Part of the magazine's spring 2012 issue, it follows two models as they get ready behind the scenes, putting on magnetic makeup and catwalk couture.
The Muse Lady Doll editorial was shot by London- and New York-based photographer Mariano Vivanco, who was inspired by the sight of Linda Evangelista as she got ready for one of many fashion shows. It stars Toni Garn and Kendra Spears. The German and American beauties were outfitted in 90s-inspired ensembles by Beth Fenton. She selected spring pieces from fashion houses such as Marc Jacobs, Salvatore Ferragamo, Versace and Dolce & Gabbana.
The Muse 'Lady Doll' Shoot Stars Toni Garn and Kendra Spears
1. Backstage-inspired Editorials - Opportunity to create immersive fashion experiences that bring the backstage world to consumers.
2. Magnetic Makeup - Potential for innovative magnetic makeup products that offer unique application and long-lasting wear.
3. 90s-inspired Fashion - Chance to capitalize on the nostalgia for 90s fashion and create updated, contemporary interpretations.
1. Fashion Photography - Disruptive opportunity to incorporate technologies like augmented reality and virtual reality into fashion photography to enhance the backstage experience.
2. Cosmetics - Innovative potential to develop magnetic makeup products and explore new techniques for application.
3. Fashion Design - Opportunity to create and market new collections that pay homage to 90s fashion while incorporating modern elements and trends.