Warner Bros. Games announced the dates and times for the closed alpha testing of its upcoming platform fighting game 'MultiVersus.' MultiVersus is a cross-platform fighting game similar to other platform fighters such as 'Super Smash Brothers' and 'Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl.' The closed alpha will take place between May 19th and May 27th, and will be playable on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and PC devices.
In celebration of the closed alpha, Warner Bros. Games released a promotional video on YouTube where two professional fighting game players, NAKAT and VoiD, play against two game developers in a series of matches. Lastly, Warner Bros. Games confirmed that MultiVersus will have an official tournament at the 'Evolution Championship Series 2022,' or 'Evo,' the world's largest fighting game tournament and event.
Image Credit: Warner Bros. Games
Warner Bros. Games Announced the Closed Alpha of MultiVersus
1. Cross-platform Gaming - There is an opportunity for companies to create more cross-platform games that allow players to play on various devices.
2. Multiplayer Platform Fighters - Developing and releasing more platform fighters with multiplayer capabilities can help businesses capture a wider gaming audience.
3. Professional Gaming Tournaments - Organizing and sponsoring professional gaming tournaments can be a lucrative opportunity for businesses to connect with their target audience.
1. Gaming Industry - The gaming industry can expand its offerings by producing more cross-platform games and hosting more professional gaming tournaments.
2. Technology Industry - The technology industry can contribute hardware and software solutions that support cross-platform gaming, such as cloud gaming and virtual platform capabilities.
3. Entertainment Industry - Creating content around professional gaming tournaments, such as sponsorships, advertisements, broadcasting rights, and collaborations, can provide more opportunities for the entertainment industry to connect with audiences.