Even if there is only one available wall socket, no fuss! Once you've inserted a Multi Plug into it, you'll end up with two more outlets, enabling you to connect up to three devices with power. Amazing!
For their work on this concept, Choi Minhyun, Jung Junyoung, Shin Seunghun and Kwon Jinho won a 2013 Red Dot Design Award. Each wall plug takes the form of a triangular prism; a pair of prongs protrudes from its bottom square base and the cord escapes from the opposite edge. The two squared sides provide a pair of pin holes, allowing you to hook up two more devices. The Multi Plug then supplies four more sets of power points, but clustering any more together could conceivably get dangerous.
The Multi Plug Can Accommodate Increasing Numbers of Electronics
1. Space-saving Plugs - The development of compact plugs that can accommodate multiple devices and maximize the use of limited space.
2. Smart Integration - The integration of smart technology into plugs to allow for remote control and monitoring of connected devices.
3. Safety Enhancements - The implementation of safety features in plugs to prevent overloading and potential hazards.
1. Electronics Manufacturing - Manufacturers can explore new designs and technologies to create space-saving plugs for consumer electronics.
2. Home Automation - Companies in the home automation industry can develop smart plugs that seamlessly integrate with connected devices.
3. Electrical Safety - The electrical safety industry can focus on developing advanced safety features for plugs to ensure the protection of users and devices.