Now that many cinemas are struggling to compete with the convenience that comes from being able to enjoy entertainment streaming services from the comfort of home, novel movie theater seating and services are being introduced to make the theater experience irresistible.
What used to be the United Artists Theater in Citiplace is now under construction to create the Baton Rouge Movie Tavern, set to open this August. The new space will have a total of 10 screens, replacing one old screening room with a new kitchen. Luxury reclining seats will be set up with folding tables, to make it easy for guests to enjoy hamburgers, pizza, chicken wings and light beverages during a show. Movie-goers are able to place an order simply by pressing a button on their seats.
Other examples of unusual movie theater seats include the bean bag chairs at the BeaniePlex in Malaysia and the bed-style seating in London's Electric Cinema.
The Movie Theater Seats at the 'Movie Tavern' Provide Folding Trays for Food
1. Novel Movie Theater Seating - The introduction of unique seating options in movie theaters presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in creating immersive and comfortable viewing experiences.
2. In-theater Dining Services - The integration of dining services within movie theaters opens up possibilities for disruptive innovations to enhance the convenience and enjoyment of the theater experience.
3. Ordering and Service Integration - The incorporation of technology to enable ordering and service integration in movie theater seats creates opportunities for disruptive innovations in streamlining the food and beverage delivery process.
1. Entertainment - Opportunities for disruptive innovation in seating options and dining services arise within the entertainment industry as movie theaters adapt to enhance the theater experience.
2. Hospitality - By combining dining with movie theater experiences, the hospitality industry can explore disruptive innovations to create unique and engaging entertainment venues for guests.
3. Technology - The incorporation of ordering systems and service integration within movie theater seats presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the technology industry to enhance the overall cinema experience.