With a name like the Gatebil Ice Festival, you might think your eyes are in for a feast of viewing gorgeous snow or ice sculptures. The Gatebil Ice Festival is actually a Norwegian motorsports festival.
Spectators were treated to an evening of racecar drivers hitting the "icement" at excessive speeds while sliding around corners. They also watched motorcycles soar to insane heights as they flew off ice ramps.
Implications - There is a very particular and large demographic of consumers who relish in athletic and outdoor events. Often such individuals are only able to participate in these types of activities during certain times of the year. Companies that provide consumers with this throughout the entire year will see big returns from interested conumers.
'Gatebil On Ice'
1. Year-round Outdoor Events - Companies that provide consumers with year-round outdoor events will see big returns from interested consumers.
2. Extreme Motorsports - Opportunities exist for companies to create innovative and thrilling motorsports events.
3. Alternative Winter Sports - The growing popularity of alternative winter sports opens up opportunities for companies to explore and create unique experiences.
1. Events and Entertainment - The events and entertainment industry can capitalize on the trend of year-round outdoor events and innovative motorsports festivals.
2. Automotive - The automotive industry can explore and invest in extreme motorsports, catering to the demand for thrilling experiences.
3. Winter Sports - The winter sports industry can tap into the trend of alternative winter sports and offer unique experiences to consumers.